Friday, March 17, 2006

World Traveler

I pretend I’m a world traveler, but I’m not. I’m an imposter.

But, this time last year E and I were enjoying our first trip abroad - a week in London. We were very nervous and excited about seeing the sites and eating at a famous English Pub.

London was actually pretty easy to negotiate . The tube system is simple! And we were also able to take buses and boats without a problem. We did everything a London traveler has on their list: we visited Westminster Abbey, the Parliament, rode the Eye of London, visited Hampton Court, toured St. Paul’s Cathedral, ate at way to many pubs, visited the British Museum, saw Phantom of the Opera and did about everything else.

E and I stayed with my aunt and uncle on the heart of Chelsea, so we got to have a local’s taste of all the fantastic restaurants in London. Whoever said the Brits don’t know how to cook, obviously don’t know where to go to eat!

On the last day we took a train to Bath and explored the Roman Bath house, and also walked all around the town. The weather turned warm and we enjoyed every moment of it. My first taste of being a world traveler was worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails