Saturday, December 19, 2009

Who does he look like?

Every new parent hears the question "who does he look like?" when they have a new baby. James, to me, looks like James, a perfect mix of E and I.

That said, he has E's nose. Right down to the little flat plane on the top, they share nose's to the T. And, you could say, he has my hair, however, mine is a touch darker. When I was a baby, I also had a full head of hair, and it was long and black, lots like our little guy's.

When my mom first saw James in the hospital she kept saying "he looks exactly like you as a baby!" I couldn't believe it, until I came home, and dug out the first few photos taken of me 28 years ago. She was right. In our first days of life, James and I looked very very similar. Now that he's almost four weeks old (sob!), James is looking more and more like his Daddy.

I scanned some old photos to prove it.

Here I am, about a week old. Notice the abundance of black hair!
And James at about a week old. We look a lot alike, don't you think?
Photo right after I was born. Taken at the hospital.
Photo of James, at two days old. Very similar indeed. (Even the blankets are a near match, other than the fact that mine was pink and his is blue.)

3 comments:

  1. Goodness, James does look a lot like you. But I am sure he does have some of the same features as E. He is 50% you and 50% E.

    Hehe, this reminds me of when Ian was born. I hated it SO much when everyone said he looked just like Dubbie and nothing like me. I wanted to see myself in my son. And nobody could agree. My family said he looked like Dubbie's family and Dubbie's family said that he looked like my family. In the end, I just prefered people to say that he looked like a mix of us. So now, when a friend/family member has a baby, I make sure NEVER to say that the baby looks just like one or the other.

    But honestly, James does look a lot like you! :) But you just never know, looks change so much!!!

    P.S. - You are so lucky to have such good baby pics. I wish I did but my parents never took photos.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look a lot like you! Are you going to post baby pics of E too?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am definitely seeing a lot of similarities between you and James...you could almost be twins (as babies, of course)!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails