Friday, October 09, 2009

Colorado's Rocky Mountain National Park

Last weekend was one of my best friend's weddings, Allison married Kyle and all was fantastic! I want to write about the wedding and add photos, but tonight I am too tired and wanted to write a mini post about Rocky Mountain National Park.

E and I arrived in Colorado last Saturday and didn't have time to poke our heads into the park before Allison's wedding rehearsal. It was quite important that I showed up to the rehearsal, seeing that I was in the wedding and all. However, on Sunday, we decided to wake up at the crack of dawn and spend three hours in the park before I needed to be at the wedding location for hair, fun, and wedding duties.

We are so happy we did decide to go into the park, as E and I are self proclaimed "National Park Junkies". We were able to drive most of the roads that were open, the highest highways were closed already due to snow. We stopped at lots of view points, saw a male elk chase another smaller male away from his harem, and thoroughly enjoyed our morning. We even decided to splurge on a annual Parks pass (we've done this twice before) and stopped at the visitors center to get our Passports stamped.

Here are a few photos!

Elk male protecting his harem. Only moments later he went off to chase a challenger away.
Gorgeous Rocky Mountain National Park.
Title of this photo: "Pregnant lady enjoys the view"
E up near where the road was closed. The vista was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails