Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Black and White Wednesday {Thanksgiving: Part 2}

Our long weekend at home was wonderful. Beyond wonderful. It started with E taking a half day on Wednesday and ended with another fantastic Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house on Sunday night.

The fact that she was willing to push back my family's Thanksgiving to Sunday meant E and I could go to his family's house on Thursday, but it also meant my dad wasn't alone on Thanksgiving day, since he had all my hungry siblings to attend to. ;)

I wanted to dress up a little on Thanksgiving, since I'm in the same maternity yoga pants 7 days a week (not a joke). I wore a dress and tights! Oh how I felt fancy. :)

Before we left I asked E to take a photo of me in front of the Christmas tree. Of course he said yes. Then the cutest thing happened, James wanted to be in the photo too, and he pointed his little toe, to make himself look fancy too.

Above: 29.5 weeks pregnant with Baby Girl.

Doesn't James look dashing with his pointed toe and adorable new polar bear sweater? It was a birthday gift from a dear friend.
Once we got to my Mom's she handed James a new book she'd found. "Big Trucks" was then carried around the entire house for the rest of the evening, and anybody he found was roped into oohing and awing at diggers and bulldozers for at least five minutes.
My mom's table was looking awesome with her multi colored placemats and silver centerpieces.
Brandon and my E.
I was hoping James would eat a good dinner at my moms. He LOVED the pomegranate jello that my family serves every year, and kept making yummy sounds. Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and everything else on his plate? Rejected.
The entire crowd. The morning after this feast, my Grandma (who is sitting next to E) took a spill in her house. Things are not good. She broke her femur up near her hip. It has since me surgically repaired but she will not be walking for a long time. We are hoping for the best.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun event! I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma! I hope that she starts feeling better soon!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! You look so gorgeous, Mama of 2. :) The dress is adorable!! I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma though. :(

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails