Thursday, November 03, 2011

Halloween Fun at Wheeler Farm

The weekend before Halloween we had the most beautiful days. Clear and crisp and just stunning. E and I thought it might be our last weekend to play outside, because usually by November things get quite chilly.

On Saturday we went to Wheeler Farm to do some Halloween activities. For a few dollars we could ride the wagon (pulled my a tractor of course), wander through the hay maze and pick out a couple of pumpkins in the pumpkin patch.

All perfect for a toddler on the weekend before Halloween.

We had an amazing day. We waited through two cycles of tractor rides to ensure a front row seat for our tractor-loving kid, the hay maze was a huge hit, and James took the job of picking out pumpkins very seriously. I simply adore days like this with my family.

Like always, I'll let the photos do the talking. ;)

Little Cottonwood Creek runs right through Wheeler Farm. When they weren't looking at the goats or laughing at the chickens, I found my boys intently studying the "fiver" (river).
Best spot on the tractor ride is right behind the tractor. It means that we could see the "veels" (wheels).

The hay maze was a HUGE hit. E and had no idea how much James would love running at top speed around that thing. It was a little tricky for us, if you didn't keep your eye on him every moment, he was gone. But there was one area that he ran around and around in. He was being so cute and silly I hid behind a hay bale and was thrilled when I captured this:
Around and around he went. Most photos were blurry because he was running and gave my camera little time to focus. But this blurry shot just melts me, so I had to include it.
In the pumpkin patch the first pumpkin he picked wasn't even a pumpkin, more of a squash maybe. He loved it from the moment he saw it. (Remember on Halloween wouldn't put it down when I was taking his photo). I think the reason he liked it was he could pick it up himself but it wasn't easy. Notice his face, using his "huge" muscles. Ha!
This AMAZING snowman was built with three of the largest pumpkins ever grown in Utah. The bottom most pumpkin was the all-time record holder, weighing in at 1600 lbs!
It was an amazing day. And I'm so glad we spent it outside, because this weekend calls for snow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just LOVE Wheeler Farm! I'm pretty sure that it'll be all covered in snow by the time we come up for Thanksgiving.. bummer! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails