At eight you are incredible. Funny and smart and sweet and kinda a pain in the butt sometimes, but that's okay because we love you dearly.
At eight you are doing the following:
- Love your teachers and tell them often. Write notes to your teachers to tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Love your best friends Owen and Peter. If we don't have plans with O&P and you had your heart set on seeing them, you cry and complain and pretty much dislike all activities that don't include your besties.
- Excellent at reading and math, fabulous at school work.
- Eats hot lunch from the cafeteria every day.
- Fast runner, amazing hiker, strong swimmer, zero interest in team sports.
- Favorite things to do are play with Legos, Nintendo, iPad and outside with friends.
- Least favorite thing to do is when Mommy "forces" him to the park without friends his age
- Adores Juliet but knows how to push her buttons so amazingly well.
- Great artist and loves drawing control panels, guns, and Nexo Knights (Lego brand).
- Had a co-birthday party with his best friend Owen and loved every minute of it.
- Collects "gun sticks" wherever we go and loves weapons.
- Still requests a kiss on the lips and a hug after the school bell rings (never change kiddo! I love this too).
- Is a total goof ball.
James, I love you so very very much. I miss your babyhood so much but I have also loved seeing you grow and change.
Remember Owen was at James' first birthday party?
Birthday morning held a new robe, tons of new legos and this sweet hug from brother and sister. When they're not pestering each other they really are the best of friends.
And since his birthday fell the day after Thanksgiving, we waited a week to bring Wendy's to the school lunchroom to celebrate.