Juliet, age 3:
- I was reversing the car the other day and it was kind of a tight fit. Juliet says "these aren't bumper cars," which made me laugh so hard.
- "Daddy's take care of babies from sharks. So they don't get eat."
- While playing with her dolls "this is mommy taking care of her little girls."
- While waiting for James: "I need my sweet brother right now. I'm waiting for him and waiting for him."
- After hearing Ethan fart "what's that sound coming from your private parts?"
- James: "I like building blocks with you." Juliet: "I love you too."
- After giving daddy a huge hug "now your heart is love"
On the day we put our kitty Rumpus down:
Juliet said "Where is Rumpy?"
Me: "He's at the kitty doctor."
Me: "Because we took him there to give him a special shot. The special shot made him dead."
Her: "What's dead?"
Me: "It means not alive anymore."
Her: "Why? I want Rumpy at our house. Not dead."
Of course this isn't a funny conversation in the slightest, but it was so tender, and innocent I wanted to remember it.
James, age 5:
- After a fresh blow dry: "I like your hair. It looks really beautiful. Really really beautiful. It's like you're a different mommy but you're not. It looks really good!"
- "My breath can't hold my thirsty all the way to morning."
- "I'm going go have a house with five rooms so I can have five kids! Wait... maybe not."
- "I know what rhymes! Crocs and granola rhyme."
- Talking about foods he likes "I like quesadillas, berries, mac & cheese…" Juliet: "you like bears?" James: "No, I don't like bears. But I like cooked bears. I really like cooked bears!"
- Listening to It's a Wonderful World, "I like that song so much it makes me have a tear."
- And another day with the same song: "I'm pretending I have a little boy in my body and he's going to cry because he loves the song so much. And now I might cry because I love the song so much."
- "This is my best day ever!"
- While eating dinner "I'm really enjoying this!"