On another web platform I participate in I was tagged to create a mood board for my Hogwarts house. As I am a Gryffindor, I created this set of pictures. I liked it so much I figured I'd share here too.
Tuesday, February 09, 2016
Today I want to share all the good amazing wonderful things about this girl that is now FOUR.
So, Juliet at four, where oh where do I begin?!
- She is shy at school, doesn't speak much and follows all the rules to a T.
- Is nervous to say goodbye at school drop off but is all happy smiles when I pick her up.
- Her favorite toys include her tiger, her tea set and her Darth Vader bear. She also plays with Calico Critters and Legos almost every day.
- Her best friend is her brother, and more often than not they play extremely well together.
- Her speech and understanding is amazing, but some things we just can't correct. She calls scuba divers "diva-divers" and our kitty Mabel "yea-bel"
- Her favorite color is "red for evil"
- She adores Star Wars and talks about Darth Vader way too often.
- She still loves taking walks with me, James grew out of walks recently (sob!) but she is always more than happy to take a walk.
- She is silly and sweet and hilarious. She makes us laugh every day.
- Meal time is still a struggle. She's picky and just won't eat much. We beg her to take three bites, and thats often all she'll eat.
- She hasn't napped for two years but plays really well during quiet time.
- She loves playing outside, biking, riding her scooter, and her Mickey Mouse "bike"
- She absolutely loves fruit, and will raid the fridge while I'm not around. She'll often eat an entire case of strawberries before I figure out what she's up to.
- She still let's me dress her (hallelujah!) and I dress her in dresses and cute combos every single day.
- We still call her a snuggle bunny and she aways says "I'm not a bunny! I'm a human!"
- Her favorite tv show is Wild Krats and she loves animals.
- She still talks about Hawaii almost every day. She wants to go back so badly!
- She loves working on art projects and her little potato people are getting cuter by the day.
She's amazing and wonderful and seriously the best little girl I could ever hope for. I am absolutely wild for this strong headed love.
at 11:21 AM
Monday, February 08, 2016
You are four. Yesterday, for the last time I said "goodbye threes, you were hellish!" Ha! Not that you were hellish, but being three makes you very opinionated and a touch unreasonable. But four is magic, and we are so excited about four.
Happiest birthday my sweet darling. I love you so much that sometimes I can't comprehend the feeling.
You're birthday is a little bit of a sad day for me, did you know that? Not because I'm sad that you're with us, quite the opposite! I am reminded, on your birthday, again, how very precious you are to me. And we almost lost you, twice, when you were not even two years old. You'll not remember being rushed to the hospital in New York, or again after slipping through a bridge at Sugarhouse Park, but for me, I'll never ever forget.
So on your birthday I look at you. I look and look. I try to memorize your freckles, see if I can truly remember your voice, and lovingly get you dressed. And I think to myself "thank God you are still here; I am oh so very thankful."
I love you my sweet bunny. You don't like us calling you bunny anymore. You say "I'm not a bunny! I'm a human!" You are a human, the best little human I know, and someone I am so proud to call you mine.
Dress and boots: Next Direct
Sweater and tights: Gymboree
(Next and Gymboree are where I get almost all my kid's clothes. Winter shoes always from Next. They are fantastic.)
at 6:37 PM