Thursday, December 22, 2005

Luminary


One of the thousands of luminaries were all lit with candles.


One of the traditions I love (see Top 10 Things I love about the holidays) is the Luminary walk. A cemetery near my grandparent’s house light up thousands of white paper bags the Saturday before Christmas. Most people drive their cars through the cemetery, but my family always walks.


We bundle up in warm clothes, and bring flashlights so the cars can see us, and we set off. This year it was cold! We wound through neighborhoods until we came upon the cemetery. It looked splendid.


Afterwards we went back to my grandparent’s house and had chili and potato soup. I had a great time, and didn’t want the night to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails