Monday, April 21, 2008

Update on all things life

E and I have been going though some major life changes as of late, which have left us tired, stressed, and excited for the next step.

Here is what is going on:

E started his new job at a local development company last week. So far he is feeling overwhelmed with the tasks at hand, excited to get started, and quite tired because now he needs to wake up at 6:00 to get to work on time.

Because E is not working at home any longer, this has also changed my life quite a bit. I no longer go home for lunch and a power nap with my hubby. Before we would make a homemade lunch each day and relax together before we both went back to work. Now it is harder for me to go home and eat alone, and for E is takes quite a bit of time to pack a lunch in the morning, which means we've been going out for lunch more and more, and I'm not getting my lunch-time-snuggles, which is quite a shame.

Also, Dave and Penny (my aunt and uncle who co-own the condo with E and I) are in town to clean out the garage and move all of their belonging into storage. Dave and Penny moved to London five years ago and are now thinking that they won't move back. Because E and I want to sell the condo and find a house, Dave and Penny need to move all of their stuff to a storage unit, so the condo is ready to sell. This is scary for a few reasons, one- owning a house and house-hunting is like what real live adults do, not kids that are pretending to be grown-up. Two- the market is in the toilet (I'm sure if you noticed) and so selling now it not ideal (but we will get to the reasons we want to sell later...) And three- we hate to sell what was a real estate investment for my aunt and uncle in such a crap market, however, there are reasons to this madness.

So, the reasons you ask? E and I have been talking more and more about starting a family. We've been married for almost two years, and together for almost ten (yes, I said ten!). I am not getting any younger, and I told E years ago that I would like to have a baby in my arms by the time I am 28. The condo is too small to start a family in. Besides, who wants to move to a house with a baby? We decided it would be best to buy a house before we start trying.

Plus, E and I are avid travelers, and this year we decided to take a less-exotic trip in the hopes of buying a house too. Don't worry, once I'm pregnant, the plans for travel will not slow down.

So why E's change of heart about starting a family? If you remember, not too long ago, E was completely opposed to the idea, saying he "wasn't ready". Well, over the last few months, he's completely changed his tune, maybe because I stopped pressing him. (Note- now that I'm posting this, don't start asking questions like "when are going to start trying?" or saying things like "I can't wait to be a aunt" (you know who you are!!!) because this will only push E back into his shell and we will be back to where we began). Anyway, while camping last weekend E said to me at one point "baby, we really need to have kids soon," which was so sweet.

So, to finish off this post of updates, here is a photo from a party last night at my grandma's house. My grandma is thrilled to have Dave and Penny back in town, she misses them so much when they are away, and it is always fun to hang out with family.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool you guys are thinking about buying a house! That is a total grown up thing to do. I also think you two will be amazing parents when the time comes! Your kids will be world travelers before they reach high school! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails