Monday, November 28, 2005

Wonderful loooong weekend…

I’m back to work on Monday happy to say that I had a great long Thanksgiving holiday. I got both Thursday and Friday off of work, so this is the longest break I’ve had at home for a very long time.

The time was well spent. Wednesday night E and I baked four pecan pies, two for his family, and two for mine. Thursday we picked up the house and relaxed before the big night. Then we ate and ate and ate, and left my family’s house very full and very happy. (And the pies were a huge hit).

Friday we went to the Gateway Mall, fought the crowds, and I ended up getting some really cute stuff, including a polar bear decoration. Also, we stopped into the Apple store and I enjoyed looking at the newest iPods.

Saturday I woke up early for a day I’ve been looking forward to for a very long time, wedding dress shopping, plus it had snowed overnight! The date worked perfectly because I had family and friends in town for the holiday, and they all joined me. We had great luck, and a bought a beautiful dress! Three of my bridesmaids were also there and picked out their dresses. Then we all went out for a girl’s lunch, and had a great time.

That night we celebrated Ch’s birthday by going out to Chinese food and watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (and had Harry Potter Birthday cake!)

Sunday E and I slept in late, relaxed, make two pots of tea, relaxed some more and finally set up the Christmas tree. Our house looks magical with all the old toys and red and green decorations displayed.

All in all, it was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails