Monday, March 27, 2006

Birthday wishes and To Dos:

My birthday is a week from today! I turn a quarter of a century, which seems really old to me. 25, already, wow. I still feel 19.

So, everyone has been asking me what I want. I just keep thinking the wedding is costing enough, but I’ve tried to think of some things. So, I want some money to plant my garden this year, silk flowers for the house, doll stuff (of course!), and maybe a massage at a spa.

The weather is teasing me, as it does every year in late March. One moment it feels like spring, the next moment it’s snowing again. Oh well, spring will be here.

As far as things for the wedding, I’ve been marking “to dos” off like crazy.

I decided on my DJ, ceremony music, and officiant last week, which was the last of the vendors to pick! I picked an online flower wholesaler that will supply all my roses and double checked with the hotel that I could store them in their fridge.

I’ve started the reception worksheet, and picked three amazing dinners that will be served, the most extravagant being “Pan seared Filet Mignon of Angus Beef wit green peppercorn- madeira sauce with market fresh veggies, house made rolls, and accompaniments.” I don’t even know what medeira sauce is, but it sounds good!

We’ve decided on red water bottles as favors, and we’ll have them personalized with our names and “Yosemite 2006”. They will be quite neat for a national park wedding!

Invites are one thing that is causing me trouble, damn those things are expensive! I even have printing contacts and such, but it doesn’t help much. E and I designed our own invite that we quite like; hopefully we’ll be able to get it printed soon.

I’m still unsure on the guest count, and am honestly hoping more people than I expect will show up, but many have declined. Oh well.

E and I have also been thinking about our honeymoon, and Northern Italy is still on the top of our list, but we’ll see if we can afford something like that. I hope we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails