Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh My God, it’s Glorious!

These are the days I live for, honestly, it is so beautiful outside! It snowed last night, a good eight inches or so, and this morning I woke up to a beautiful sunrise. The sun was just peeking over the mountains, turning the remaining clouds purple and then pink.

I left the house knowing that I would have to scrape my car, but not minding in the slightest. The snow was fluffy and squeaky when I stepped on it, and the road was quiet and serene. The fluffy snow just slid off my car, no ice underneath, which made me all the happier.

Luckily the roads were not slick, and although the commute was slow, I enjoyed every moment of it. The sun finally rose over the mountains, and the entire world turned bright and marvelous. I sang Christmas songs with the radio (surprisingly Winter Wonderland was on) and thought about how thankful I am to live in such a beautiful city.

As I pulled into the parking lot at work, I decided to park on the roof of our parking garage. I knew it would be empty up there, and didn’t mind the walk in the snow. As I got out of the car, still singing my favorite Christmas tunes, I did a little twirl and laughed at how lucky I am.

Today will be a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails