Thursday, January 05, 2006

Travel Bug

Each year when the winter months slow down I catch the travel bug. This year I've been thinking about traveling more than usual. As E and I plan our honeymoon we've talked a lot about where we want to go one day. The list is long, but I have a few top locations I'd like to seen soon, so here they are:

1. Italy- I fell in love with Italy long ago, and have always dreamed of going there on my honeymoon. The food, art, and architecture all call to me.

2. Thailand- Thailand is suppost to be spectacular. I have a friend that has traveled and lived all over the Far East, and she says the Thailand is the most wonderful. I want to experience the people, the food, the sea, and the jungles.

3. Norway- Oslo. Fishing Towns. Fjords. What else is there to say?

4. Alaska- I think about Alaska and get the chills, not only because it’s cold, but because of the rare beauty is holds. I want to see the National Parks, the wildlife, the glaciers, the whales, and all the things that make Alaska wonderful.

5. China- China is changing. The people are pulling out of poverty, the Yangze River is damed, and the cities are bigger than ever. I want to see it all. I want to walk along the great wall, see Hong Kong, and travel to farming towns that are stuck in the past.

6. Galapagos Islands- I want to go and learn everything there is to know about these islands. And if we stop off in Machu Picchu on the way home, that would be good too!

7. Canada- Canada is a huge country, so to say it is one travel destination it is silly, but I want to visit many areas. Quebec, Victoria, Banff, Hudson Bay (to see the polar bears) and Prince Edward Island are all on my list.

8. Virgin Island National Park- I’m a national park junkie (I’ve even getting married in one) and this one appeals just because of how different it is. I want to stay on the beach in a little cabin and eat mangos all day!

9. Costa Rica- I want to travel through the tree tops on a zip cord. I want to see sloths, sea turtles, and the poison-dart frogs .

10. Switzerland- Hiking through the Swiss Alps, visiting small mountain towns, and eating wonderful foods sounds like a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails