Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Grand Cayman is AWESOME!

I am sitting here at the kitchen table in the Lemon House looking over the most stunning beach, and the clear blue Caribbean Sea. The water is so clear they say the visibility is close to 100 feet. The heat is radiating, and wonderful after the cold dark winter we had in Utah.

Today was the first day we didn't go straight to the beach for some snorkeling, instead we went to The Queen's Botanic Gardens and then to the Grand Cayman Turtle Farm where they raise sea turtles so they can be released back into the wild.

The days at the beach have been so wonderful, so relaxing and the water is so warm. We've seen huge coral gardens filled with every type of fish and every color of coral. We've swam with stingrays and we've watched conch scoot across the ocean floor.

The best part of the trip has been the relaxing mornings we've been having in the house. Each morning everyone wakes up at their own time. I am usually the first one up, and I come downstairs, take my journal outside and look out to sea as I write down all of our travel adventures.

Here are a few photos, but I can't make this entry too long, I've got to go play on the beach!

Here is our house, this photo I took from a small pier. Our house is the yellow one. Pretty, huh?
And this is the view from our porch, I am looking at this view right now. It is as stunning as it looks.
Cemetery Beach at sunset where we had great snorkeling!
Blue Iganna that we saw today in the Botanic Gardens.
And now I'm off to go get my toes wet!

6 comments:

  1. How fun! And so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous!! It is gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was still there...and not here...in utah....with lost luggage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost luggage... just yours? What do they say it will be returned?

    I wish you were still here too, we are going snorkeling again today.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope. All of it. Hopefully we'll get it back some time today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you read this, have Ethan check his e-mail. I sent him one, but I usually go to junk mail.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails