Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I was a sicky at the farmhouse

Well E and I are back from a nice long relaxing weekend at the farmhouse. What did we do? Nothing. Really, we did nothing. I was sick with a cold, and didn't feel much like anything. I spent each day sleeping, taking doll photos, enjoying the rainy then sunny weather, reading, and working on embroidery. Oh yea, and bugging my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (which is quite easy and very fun, I never get tired of it).

On Sunday E and David went on a hike up Maple Canyon. I was planning on joining them for this hike, but was urged to stay back and relax. I guess being sick is a good excuse for being lazy.
In addition to doing nothing, we ate a lot (we always do). E took a dutch oven apprentice under his wing, and David quickly and eagerly took on the new skill. For dinner on Sunday we had dutch oven roast which was so tasty, and an apple crisp for dessert (also cooked in the dutch oven). The next morning we had German pancakes for breakfast. Fantastic.
Now we are home and back to the grind, plus E is now getting my cold. Oh, and for anyone who is interested, I worked on my Hazel album this weekend, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails