Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things are not coming up Milhouse

(Sorry, random Simpson's quote). I feel like crap. Work is just going from bad to worse. Last month we let go of two, yes two people. When you are a company of 10, that is a huge amount. Then they did salary cuts because we are really having a hard time making overhead. This was all one week after we hired someone new! Why did they hire if they couldn't pay salaries? Heck if I know, as a decision influencer, I tried to talk them out of it.

Well now they are saying that they can't pay me the amount of commission I've been earning for the last 5 years, they say that it is not profitable. Without commission my salary would be cut by more than 50%. So the amount of commission I earn is a huge huge portion of my income.

I love my job, I love my co-workers, I love the money I earn, and I love my office. I don't want to leave. We'll see what happens.

As for now, I'm headed home, I've had a headache plaguing me for the last 24 hours.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your job. I know how much you love it. Things aren't going terribly great for me either. If you read this, could you please tell my mom that I get off at 12:00 on Saturday instead of 5:00? I tried to e-mail her, but I don't think she's read it. I really don't want to sit here until 5. I can't call because my cell doesn't work and the phones here can only call Provo. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Ok, we told her! I'm sorry to hear about you, and things not going well. In all honesty, I've been so jealous of you this week! I'd kill to be up the mountains!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM

    Hey, I'm so sorry things aren't going well at your work! I hope things get better. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. My company can't give me the increase in salary I've definitely earned--and I became a manager two years ago. Needless to say I'm not planning to stay here after I finish my master's. There is no point, and I need to be earning what I'm worth. :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails