About an hour later (yes, I am just that lazy) I roll over, grab my hot cup of tea and whichever Harry Potter book I am re-reading at the moment, and enjoy. It is honestly the best thing in the world. The only thing that is better is when it is Saturday morning and we both read and sip tea in bed.
You may think I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, and you would be right. Two years ago when I finished the seventh book I wanted to read 1-7 all over again, but wanted to wait a bit. So, about three weeks ago I figured I'd start again. Within the last three weeks I've been reading like a mad woman finishing books one through six, The seventh, I am sure I'll finish within the week. And, I convinced E to start re-reading too. He, like me, wanted to read one though seven in order.
If you are still reading this post you must be really bored or really like Harry Potter, but here are some of the things I've been thinking about:
- Dumbledore is really really kick ass. I adore him.
- Hermione reminds me of me. I guess the idea is, that everyone can relate to the trio in some way. I just love Hermione's bossy attitude, it is just like mine.
- Is Dumbledore an anamagus? He says at the end of book five that he's kept a very close eye on Harry. Does he use an invisibility cloak or is there something else Dumbledore can do that we never learned in the series? NOTE- I found my answer! Page 97 of Beedle the Bard in the footnote! Whoo!
- I love Fred and George, but who doesn't? I also love Ron.
- Of the marauders, Lupin is my favorite, by far. I wish Harry would have kept in contact with him better after Siris's death.
- I want to learn more about Lily. I know we learn a little with Snape's memory at the end of book seven, but Lily still seems like a mystery.
- Snape is another favorite character, he is utterly fascinating.
- My favorite parts in the series include when Harry first goes to Diagon Ally, when he learns about the Marauders’ Map, when he first summons a Patronus, when he takes a bath in the Prefect’s bathroom in book four (I love this!), the DA’s first meeting, when he kisses Cho, when he starts private lessons with Dumbledore, and when he realizes he likes Ginny. I also love all the parts with Umbrige and Snape, specifically when Fred and George leave Hogwarts and the Unbreakable Vow between Narcissa and Snape at the beginning of book six. Does it get any better?