Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day

The last two years, Valentine’s was tough. Last year with my parent’s divorce, and the year before E saw a child get hit by a car, and was not responsive (luckily the child made it).

This year E and I were waiting for the worst to happen, and it did, on February 12, 2007. In Salt Lake City five innocent people were shot and killed at Trolley Square, a mall E and I love. Four of the five fatal deaths happened in a card store I love! I’ve bought birthday presents there, trinkets, and most recently, my Christmas cards.

It is so scary when a place that is familiar and safe turns into such horror. E and I both have been really hurt by this incident. And, a man I worked with about a year ago was shot in the incident, and is still in critical condition at the ICU.

However, Valentines Day was peaceful enough. E gave me a beautiful card and surprised me with a dozen roses.

The card he gave me had a caring heartfelt message inside, too personal to share here, but here is a part of it: “I think everyday how lucky I am to be married to such a wonderful beautiful person.” I have the best husband ever.

Last night we had my family over for a Valentines party, and had a really nice time.

Now I’m ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails