Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Farmhouse weekend to chill out

Anybody reading my blog can understand why E and I were excited to spend the weekend at the farmhouse to chill out. We left on Friday night with David in tow. Before we left Salt Lake City we picked up dinner at our favorite fish taco restaurant, and enjoyed eating outside in the warm Utah weather.

Once down at the farmhouse, we promptly brought the swing out to the front porch, and didn't move until Sunday night. The days consisted of sleeping in, going and getting breakfast at the old '50s diner on Main Street, and sitting on the porch swing for hours and hours. We read out there, relaxed, talked, napped, sipped iced tea, and looked at the awesome view to the west. At one point the sweet little neighbor dog, Zoey, joined me on the swing.
The roses were also in full bloom. E's great grandparents planted these roses over a hundred years ago, and each year in early June the bloom (this year was mid June due to the cold spring). I love the yellow pioneer roses that are crowding the south side of the lawn.
On Sunday morning the stress level got very high (E and I were really worried about Chandler and my job) and E got into a fight with his sister. It ended up turning into a huge screaming match, with is very unlike E. So by mid afternoon Connie and Chelsea left, and E felt even worse. Luckily we still had the evening to chill out, so we cooked some dutch oven potatoes, had a salad and ate dinner outside, with Zoey looking on hopefully.

All too soon dinner was cleaned up and we had to return home, for another week of high stress and worries.

However, I did get a chance to get in a lot of doll time. I brought my three dolls from the 1930s and finished an entire mystery album (the third in the series). That kept my mind off stresses from home, and I enjoyed dressing and playing with my dolls. For anyone that is interested in what I spent all weekend working on, the album can be viewed here.

Now, for an update on all things stress-worthy-
1. Chandler is still the same, no improvement. He went to another doctor (his regular doctor) last night, so we are hoping for a quick turn-around.
2. My job is still frustrating me, but I'm trying to not worry about it too much.
3. E is still upset about the fight he had with his mom and sister, but we are hoping it will blow over soon.
4. E got selected to go to Japan in late July for his job, which is super exciting, but also a little stressful. We were hoping to sell the condo in late July.
5. E is not bringing me or Violet with him on his trip. ;)
6. E's car is in the shop again, twice in a week, which means we are down to one car. I let E take my car yesterday, and I rode my bike to work. Hopefully his car will be fixed today.
7. We leave for New York in two weeks to visit my Grandma for her 90th birthday. We still don't know if my Dad and Chandler will be able to attend, like they had originally planed. We are hoping so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails