Monday, May 14, 2007

Duckies at 6:00 am

I am quite tired today, and I'm not really sure why. I slept well last night, and went to bed really early. However, my eyes keep trying to close...

It might be partially due to the duck visit we had at 6:00 am this morning. E and I woke up to a loud bang, and then we heard tons of quacking. We peeked into our backyard only to find a pair of duckies in our tiny pond!

We spent most of Saturday cleaning the pond. A winter's and springs worth of dead rotting leaving is never fun to deal with. Well the pond is clear and clean now, so I guess the ducks decided it looked perfect.

I walked into the kitchen at 6:00 am this morning trying to figure out what the loud bang was, and there was Moose, our cat, totally freaked out about the site outside. I tried to pet him and calm him down, but he almost jumped out of his skin. Who knew a bird could scare a cat so easily.

Silly animals.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny that they chose such a small pond! And my cat is the same way. He is so afraid of my parents new 2 pound puppy that he won't go near it.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails