Monday, May 21, 2007

Life is frail

After a fantastic weekend at the farmhouse, and some great time spent outside I came home to get back in the daily grind.

Today on the drive home for lunch I encountered a horrific site, a car and pedestrian accident that apparently had happened only moments before. A little girl lie in the middle of the road motionless, and the father was motionless about two lanes from her. Both looked dead.

I don't know why I stopped, and ran over to help. I'm not medically trained, and can't stand the site of blood. When I was about a dozen feet away from the victims, I turned around, I didn't want to see the child, or her father who both were bleeding. One man was crying and screaming that the child was dead.

Instead of get any closer, I turned and called 911. I told them I didn't witness the accident, but to please send help. I waited around until an ambulance, two police cars, and a fire truck arrived, but I kept my eyes away from the horrific site.

I went home for lunch wanting to hug my husband and tell him how much he means to me. Life is too short not to tell those you love what you feel. I hope those two innocent people knew they were loved, and I hope the ones they left behind knew that too.

Here is a link to the news story: Father and daughter killed in Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails