Monday, September 24, 2007

Sneezing, coughing, and a lot of nose blowing!

Yes, it is true, I have a full blown cold. It is really not fair because I had a cold only a month ago when I was in England.

Fortunately, I got the cold on the weekend, which means I didn't need to take time off work. And, it was a 'perfect' weekend for a cold, if you could say that. E and I were at the farmhouse with his Mom and sister. It was cold and rainy outside, so we were all inside anyhow. On Saturday we got Old Betsy (the coal stove) fired up and made the kitchen nice and warm. I colored in my Harry Potter coloring book, read a few more chapters of Wild Swans, and chatted with the family. Then, on top of the coal stove we made homemade chicken soup with dumplings, perfect for a sicky like me.

That night I barley slept a wink because of my stuffy nose, my runny eyes, and being too hot, then too cold. Sunday rolled around, and I spent most of the day sleeping in the quiet bedroom upstairs at the farmhouse.

After my long nap I felt much better. E and I even decided to go on a little scenic drive on the way home, so we drove the Nebo loop. Here are a few autumn photos from our drive. And if you are wondering, I am feeling better today.

1 comment:

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails