Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gnarly sprained ankle

Friday was not a good day for me, for one E and I were feeling sad about quite a few things: friends moving away, E's lack of a new job, and the issue of children because I want them and E is not ready, etc.

Anyway, after finally deciding to spend the night in, I was walking down the stairs with a blanket and a book and tripped in my heels, and twisted, and tried to catch myself, and twisted again. I didn't fall, per se, just stumbled. Once I was at the bottom of the stairs I realized how much my left ankle hurt. I tore my high heeled boots off and grabbed my already swelling ankle. E ran to get ice and medicine while I sat on the floor trying not to scream from pain.

Well the swelling did go down, and I was able to very carefully walk on it the next day, and each day it is feeling better and better (yesterday I even returned to the gym!). Well after giving my ankle a few days to heal in some flat shoes, I tried my boots on again today while getting ready to go to work, and realized that the entire base of the heel is cracked, broken and pulled away from the shoe. I've never broken a pair of heels before, and this isn't just a break, it looks like a monster got to the shoe.

I guess I got a pretty gnarly sprain and I'm going to need some new boots to wear to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails