Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Summer loving

Damn, it is really really cold here in Utah, the kind of cold that bites your skin and chills your core. I think it is quite yucky, I really don't like January as a whole, I've decided.

I mean, yes, we still go snowshoeing, and often times we have little trips planned (like this years trip to the Homestead), but for the most part, January is long, dark and cold. By the time I get off of work, the sky is already turning to dusk as I hustle to my car to try to escape the cold blow, only to find my car just as bone chilling. By the time I get home I am so cold I often wrap in a blanket to defrost for a half and hour. By then it is dinner time and it is fully dark outside. What is a girl to do at 7:00 pm when it is fully dark out? E and I end up watching a lot of movies, playing on the internet, or going to bed rather early. Rarely do I even leave into the dark cold night.

What happens to this cold, slovenly girl? I dream of spring, summer and fall, when the days are longer, the air is warmer, and I have energy to move.

In my daydreams I've been thinking about all these seasons, and realized I've taken my international trips in different seasons, so here is to dreaming of spring, summer and fall:

The first time I went abroad was to London in 2005. E and I went in mid March, so, what I consider spring. It was cold and rainy (very London-like) for the first part of our trip, but then warmed up near the end, so warm that is didn't even feel like March.

I've taken too international trips in the summer, one to Tanzania, and the other to England. The first two photos were taken by me (giraffes) and E (elephant) in Tanzania in July 2005.

And then we visited England in the summer of 2007. First we spent time in London, but then went out to the Cotswolds and soaked in the beautiful English countryside.

The last international trip E and I have gone on (other than Amsterdam on the way to Tanzania) was Italy in the fall. We went to Italy in September of 2006 for our honeymoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails