Monday, March 31, 2008

Books

Here are a couple more books I've read-

1. Gap Creek by Robert Morgan. This is the second time I've read this book and I loved it again. This book is about hard work, really hard work, and how hard it was to grown up on a farm at the turn of the century. This book makes me so thankful for running water, heaters, and modern medicine. I love this story. Five stars.

2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I've heard so much about this book and I've wanted to read it forever. Well E and I got a Netflix account this winter, and before I saw the movie I wanted to read the book. I read the book and loved it, and now E and I are watching the movie, and it is pretty good so far too. The book is a must-read. Four and a half stars.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the book. I saw the movie after the book- and I found it very appealing visually. That said, I think they were forced to leave out a lot in the movie, so it didn't seem to flow as naturally.

    Side note: once, in my japanese anthro seminar, a total airhead thought that Memoirs of a Geisha was an actual memoir of an actual geisha. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails