Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lots of photos and silly explanations

E and I had a wonderful Easter this year. Here is our day in photos (and a few photos of the next day too!)

Yummy, Easter biscuits! E woke up early and made these before we headed over to his house on Easter Sunday. What makes these so yummy? Only half a stick of butter and half a cup of shortening. Nice and healthy.
Once done with breakfast it was time for the annual egg hunt! E's dad Steve has been doing these for years, and the clues get funnier and funnier as time goes on. This year we had a clue that read something like "In San Francisco in 1976 and Bruce Lee where Cayman _____ (National Song)". What the heck?? Well we figured it was "Dragon" was the Bruce Lee reference, and Cayman Isle is the National song of Grand Cayman. This lead us up to Dragon Isle, the Chinese restaurant near E's house. After 10 more exciting and difficult clues, we found the treasure hidden in Chelsea's car. We each got Italian Sodas, candy, and underwater cameras for our trip in a month! YES!! SWEET!!!
I decided I wanted to look CUTE for Easter, so I curled my hair in sponge rollers and wore nice fresh Easter colors. Don't I look cute? I think so. ;)
We went over to my Aunt's house for Easter dinner. Here I am with my Grandma and Aunt Laura. (And I'm still looking cute).
The day after Easter is another huge holiday: Dyngus Day! What the hell is Dyngus Day? I didn't know either until I started working, and a co-worker told me about this fantastic post-Lent holiday. The Polish celebrate the end of lent with lots of food, lots of beer, and lots of sex. We celebrated at the office without the beer or sex, but we did have a fantastic Polish-inspired lunch. Here I am with my two bosses, Steve and Joe.
And with the entire company. Aren't we a fun bunch? It is sad to say that I spend more time with these people than my own husband. Oh well, at least they are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails