Sunday, October 03, 2010

I'm so stink'n excited! {Family photographs!}

For a year now I've been longing for something. Something that is expensive but oh so worth it. I've been wanting to have professional family photographs taken of our little family. Time moves too quickly, and the way we are now (especially the way James is now) is only a blink in our long happy family story.

So I've been shopping. I've looked at some wonderful Utah photographers that charge a bundle (and rightfully so!) to take family photos. Finally I found someone that we could afford. A high school friend, Erin, and she is oh so talented.

We picked a day (yesterday!) and a location. We drove up and met her in the STUNNING Utah mountains on a perfect day for the aspens. The air was warm and heavy. All three of us were dressed in sweaters and we all felt a little warm but the aspens were magic. They were putting on their best autumn show ever. Gold and wonderful.

James wasn't in much of a smiley mood. He didn't even really want to look at the camera. There were plants and birds and rocks and things that were way more exciting to look at than the boring old camera.

But that said, I think we got some. I think Erin was able to capture my family as it is, right now, because before we know it things will change. James will grow bigger and never again will we be able to capture this moment in time.

And because Erin has all the images (200+!) and she wants to spend a little time editing them, the only previews I can give you is the storyboard of our outfit selection, because in addition to the weather, I was quite excited about our outfits! And some photos of the beautiful aspens I took a couple of years ago.

So, within the next week or two, you'll see these photos, and a BRAND NEW header with our family photos. Can you tell I'm excited? Because I am.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I can't wait! How fun--I'm glad you finally got your wish. :) I love your outfits. I like how they're not all matchy-matchy but they coordinate well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see these! Planning the outfits is half the fun. Where is the purple sweater from, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    I got the sweater at Old Navy. Love it! It is so cute. Sadly, this color is now sold out. They have similar ones though!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails