Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer in the moutains

Yesterday E and I went up to my cabin for the afternoon. The cabin is in the most beautiful aspen forests in all the world, and only about a 50 minute drive from my front door. The mountain air felt good, it was a hot day in the city, and the cooler mountain air was a wonderful escape. We didn't do much at the cabin, we read, and walked around, and cooked hot dogs over a fire. All in all it was a good time, and I got a chance to take some photos. Here are a few of my favorites:

The sun is setting and makes the entire forest look like a fairy land.

My cabin is small, with no electricity or running water, but that's why I love it so,

Before dinner E and I played Blokus, I lost the game, which is very rare (I'm quite good!)

Our dinner spot, we had hot dogs, watermelon, chips, som'mores and toped it all off with red wine!

It is so beautiful up there.

Cooking the wieners!

Lichen on a rock near the cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails