Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Change of plans

Last weekend E and I had big plans to go to Moab for biking. Remember last spring when we went and all it did was rain? Well we were excited to give it another try. Friday came and the forecast threatened rain. Well shit. On Friday night we had a quick change of plans and decided to head to the farmhouse for the weekend instead of Moab. One day we will go back to Moab for biking, right?

Anyway, on Saturday I woke up early at home, went to the gym, packed my farmhouse stuff and headed down there around lunch time with E, Connie and Chelsea (E's Mom and sister). We got there in the middle of a rain storm, and it was cold. I realized how happy I was that I canceled on Moab, I didn't want to be in a tent in this weather.

Sunday rolled around and turned out to be beautiful. The air was cool and crisp, the sky was deep blue, and autumn was in full swing.

And, I worked on a doll album while down there! Traveling Lily visited the train yard, went through a haunted house, had a Halloween party, carved pumpkins, baked cookies, the list goes on and on.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know, Violet is is Calgary right now. Sometimes I wish I could turn into a traveling doll.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails