Monday, October 01, 2007

Frightmares at Lagoon

I love family traditions. E's family loves Halloween, and one of their traditions is to go to Frightmares each year. What is Frightmares, you ask? Frightmares is when our local amusement park, Lagoon, opens again for the Halloween season. All the rides are open, plus there are three small haunted houses.

The haunted houses are not really scary, but having the entire day at the amusement park, without the lines or the heat, works out wonderfully!

In actuality, I'm not much of an amusement park fan, I get nauseous easily, and get bored of the outing, but for some reason, yesterday was perfect. I took a motion sick pill first thing, and decided I wanted a slow pace. In years past, we've run around from ride to ride, and before I know it, I'm tired and nauseous.

Yesterday we took a slow pace, and took lots of breaks. Plus, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day, weather wise. The sky was clear, the air crisp, and the rides fast. The motion sickness pill must have helped, because I didn't feel barf-a-licious at all.

We rode the new high speed roller coaster, Wicked. We had the bumper car area to ourselves, and we ate yummy fat-filled amusement park food. All in all it was a good day.

Track of the Jet StarFarris Wheel
Carousel
Entrance to the Spider Roller Coaster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails