Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Shower!


On Saturday my Mom and Melissa hosted an awesome baby shower for me! As you well know, I was quite excited for this event, and was looking forward to it for a couple of weeks. Saturday turned out to be BEAUTIFUL weather wise, and so we decided to sit outside as guests arrived. The first activity was and idea I found online, and it was perfect for people to start working on while we waited for guests. The idea was was to make an alphabet book for Baby November out of hand drawn images. Each guest grabbed a page with a single letter on it, and the idea was to draw something starting with that letter (people could choose the letter, and whatever they wanted to draw on that page). Then, when the entire book is finished, we gather all the pages and bound them into a wonderful book.

The idea was a huge hit, as we sat there in the September sun Connie worked on "C is for cat", Laura worked on "P is for pumpkin", Brooke worked on "L is for love", Melissa finalized "H is for Home", and so on. All the images were wonderful, just beautiful. I can't wait to bound this into a book, and I'll be sure to make a blog entry about it soon!

When most of the guests had arrived we started to play some other silly games, and my mom had purchased prizes too! The first game was a fill in the blank game for nursery rhymes, which was super super hard if you didn't remember or know lots of nursery rhymes. Connie won with a perfect score! The next game was really silly, it was a tasting test of baby food. Melissa brought out numbered bowls with yellow puree, green puree, and orange puree. We all decided that #5 was the yummiest (pear) and #8 was the most horrible (peas). It was amazing how hard the taste test was, but it was quite fun. Then there was a really tough fill in the blank game where Becky won, and a final game where my guests cut a length of yarn that was how big my belly was around. Almost everyone cut way way too long, but Chelsea and Kendra tied and won with a nearly perfect length of yarn!

Inside we ate a fantastic lunch of pasta salad, chips and dip, salads, fruit and cheese, and cookies. Everyone loved my mom's idea of the tablecloth. Instead of buying a tablecloth, she decided to buy 6 yards of stripped flannel, with the idea that once the party was over, I could cut it up to use for blankets and burp cloths!

After lunch my friends really really spoiled me. We opened presents and I was blown away by the love and generosity all these woman showed me. I came away with dozens of outfits, blankets, pillows, books, and wonderful sweet little boy things. I literally can't describe how cute everything is.

For the finale, my friend Becky baked an adorable cake for everyone to share. She asked me what my favorite flavor was, and totally spoiled me and made a fantastic carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Everyone left happy and full, and I left with four HUGE HEAPING bags of gifts and leftovers. The baby shower couldn't have been better.

Melissa, Brooke, Laura and Bonnie work on their nursery rhyme fill in the blanks. I'm telling you, it was tough!
Me, my Grandma and Kendra finish our alphabet pages. I did "R is for Rabbit", my Grandma did "F is for flower" and Kendra did "I is for Ice Cream"
1- Connie won by a long shot on the nursery rhyme game.
2- The yummy (and horrible) baby food.
3- Kendra's face after she tried #1, which was green beans, and was horrid.

Inside Chelsea shows off her first place prize and we gather for lunch.
The present table... I know... amazing.
Me, holding up an adorable shirt that I got for Baby November. My mom, Connie and Grandma look on.
My mom also make this adorable diaper cake. The idea is that you make a wedding cake out of diapers, it is cute, and oh so wonderful! My mom used 50 infant diapers which will come in really handy, and tied on bottles, baby spoons, wipes, and other goodies.
Here are some of my best friends: Susi, Becky, myself and Brooke.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was so much fun! Sorry I couldn't make it. :( But I will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails