Friday, September 18, 2009

Two months from today

Exactly two months from today is my official due date. Holy cow! How do I feel? Well for one, in the last three days I've been feeling beaten up from the inside. Baby November's kicks and pokes have been getting stronger and stronger. The other night I felt an especially hard kick and placed my hand on my tummy, and I felt from the outside (with my hand) a little foot or elbow move out of the way... wow!

I also feel scared. In two months my entire life will be totally different. I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

My friend Naina has been doing this little questioner on her blog, and I thought since I met a milestone today, I'd add it to mine. Here we go:

How far along? 31 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: I'm up 21 lbs or so. Right on target.
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants always. I've been out of my regular pants for quite awhile. And all my shirts are new ones that I bought a size or two larger than what I normally wear. I think maternity shirts are weird.
Sleep: It's okay. I wake up to use the bathroom at least four times a night. And by morning I have a back ache, but mostly I'm sleeping. However, it doesn't matter how tired I am during the day, I can no longer fall asleep during a nap, which is really weird, because I used to be able to nap without a problem.
Movement: Yep. Mostly when I'm sitting still. This little man is taking a rumba class or something, I swear, he is so active. And E told me this morning that he could feel Baby November kicking and moving most of the night when his arm was across my tummy.
Food cravings: Nothing much. Mostly I'm just super thirsty at all times. Cold fruit tastes good, but I've always loved fresh fruit.
Labor Signs: None
Pregnancy Symptoms: Back aches, sore feet, stretching feelings in my belly, being kicked over and over from the inside.
Belly Button in or out? I've had an inny all my life, but today it is barley an inny. It has not popped out, but is really flat.
What I miss: Wine and margaritas. And being able to move like a normal human, not someone that has a basketball stitched under their shirt.
What I am looking forward to: Three things: first, of course, meeting the little guy. I'm so excited to finally be holding him. Second, my labor and baby class starts at the hospital next Monday night and runs for six weeks. Can't wait to learn and meet some other mamas! And third, my baby shower is next weekend! I'm super excited to see some old friends and enjoy being pampered!
Weekly Wisdom: Buying a car seat is way way harder than you'd think. I still can't decide on what I want.
Best moment this week: Having E return home from his trip to Japan. Since I've been pregnant it seems like I miss him more when he travels, if that is possible.
Milestones: Today is September 18th, I'm due on November 18th... crazy! Two months to go...

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I'm so glad you did the little survey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey will be in town that day but I'm going to come over even if it is just for a little while. :) Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails