Friday, September 18, 2009

Autumn at the cabin

One of my favorite posts of all time was this one and this one that I made last year when my Grandma, brother and I went up to the cabin in autumn. This year my Grandma and I are going to try to make it up there more often and enjoy the autumn as it progresses. It is amazing how quickly summer turns into fall and fall turns into winter up there.

So yesterday my Grandma and I decided to head up to the cabin for the day and enjoy the clear blue skies, the leaves that are just beginning to change, and an autumn inspired lunch of grilled cheese with garden fresh tomatoes and peaches on the side.

The day was amazing, and it is wonderful to spend the entire day with my Grandma. Over the last year I've really gotten to know her and really cherished our time together. Plus, we are the perfect walking partners, me with my big belly and her with her bad knees, we both go at a snail's pace. (This winter she will have knee replacement surgery, so by next summer we with both be rockn' the trails once again.)

The aspen leaves haven't quite started to turn yet, but a lot of the flora on the ground has started to change. I tried to get a few photos of the simple beauty of the changing forest.

Happy Autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails