Monday, May 17, 2010

Farmhouse in May

On Saturday morning E and I packed up our things and the babe and headed down to Sanpete County, and, more importantly, the farmhouse! We've both been waiting for the weather to warm up again before making the 1.5 hour car ride, because hanging out on the lawn under the blooming pear tree sounded like a little slice of heaven.

We packed the crock pot, as well, so that for dinner on Saturday night we could all enjoy a slow cooked roast. We added potatoes, onions, garlic and carrots for the last two hours, and everything was so so yummy.

I think I might need to take a photo like this every May. See how things change. Don't you agree?


The 100 year old pear tree was in bloom, which meant James was all about touching the blossoms.



In the evening it cooled down a bit so we put on this adorable sweater (it is so soft and wonderful, I love it!) and played on the big feather bed.
Before James's bedtime Chelsea helped me with baby bath. What's neat? E and his siblings also bathed in this sink when they were babies.
The next morning we woke up to have french toast made out of home made cinnamon bread! Chelsea and Joe shared their awesome cinnamon bread with us, and we were so lucky, because it tasted totally amazing.

After breakfast was devoured James and I made a cozy spot on the lawn while we watched E mow. Every time E would stop the mower and call for James, James would look over and a huge grin would spread across his entire face. He loves his Daddy so much, and it makes me love E even more to see him be an amazing father.

Under the pear tree. Listening to the wonderful hum of honeybees and watching the billowy clouds lazily pass by overhead.
Love all these shots. And the last photo on the second row is where I FINALLY caught a picture of James's awesome eyelashes. Glad I finally succeeded.




After a little afternoon nap we went to the Mount Pleasant City Park so we could plop James in a baby swing. I took him to a Salt Lake City park earlier in the week with my mom and he had so much fun on the baby swing, I couldn't wait to show E. While there, we all acted like kids and swung on the swings, climbed on the monkey bars and even took James down the baby slide.

It was a great way to spend the weekend.

I told E and his sibs to sit on the swings in order of oldest to youngest. So here they are. E is going to be 29 in a month, David is 25 and Chelsea is 23.
And there was lots of snuggles and kisses from Grandma this weekend, which is to be expected. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love how you guys really appreciate yummy food... you are always trying some new and delicious - french toast using homemade cinnamon bread?! my mouth is watering. and LOVE James sweet eyelashes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails