Thursday, May 06, 2010

Gardening

I love to garden. Travel and photography will always be my top two favorite hobbies, but gardening might come in third (what will the dolls think!?).

Since moving into this house 18 months ago the garden has been one area where we've spent a lot of time and money. This year we have big plans to finally fix the side of our garage (it was so so so hideous in the past, remember?), fix the hill we built, plant more perennials, expand the Asian Garden, plant a new tree, and grow lots and lots of our own veggies.

I have been working like crazy in the garden each day while James naps (he's finally napping!!!). I've planted two white bleeding hearts, transplanted a ton of things, weeded weeded weeded, and planted all the early veggies. So far the veggie garden is loaded with sweet Walla Walla onions, garlic and lettuce. E and I have never grown either garlic or onions before, so we are super thrilled to see how they mature this summer.

And, just yesterday I bought my favorite veggie of all: sweet 100s tomatoes. Each plant gives you literally 300 tomatoes, all about the size of grapes. Amazingly, E and I eat almost all of them when they are fresh. And the rest we give away or freeze for the winter.

The thing I'm most excited about this year? Finally installing our Japanese style fountain and fixing that dreaded garage. Photos to come soon!

And, if we ever have luck growing a Japanese Maple (so far no luck) maybe one day our garden can look like the one above. :)

Related posts:
Asian Garden and Garden Plans

1 comment:

  1. Nice, JJ. How have you been doing with the garden now? I bet there's a huge transformation there. I see that you particularly like Asian-inspired gardens. What flowers have you already planted at this point?

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails