Sunday, May 02, 2010

We've got a sitter!

James has learned a new skill! Just today I was sitting on the floor with him and we were practicing on his sitting. All of a sudden he went from toppling over a lot to sitting like a pro! I asked E to grab my camera and record (because we need a homemade video when your kid starts sitting!). Then tonight we went over to E's family's house for dinner and I wanted to show off his new skill and he wowed us all with sitting there like a little champ, and not toppling at all! He's awesome!

Here is the most awesome sitting video.

And here are a few other shots from the weekend:

As I've mentioned before, we have been spending a lot of time on the bed as of late. E got me a new TV for the bedroom, and waking up late, turning on HGTV and relaxing with the babe, well there is nothing better.

On Saturday morning E was playing with James on his lap. Rumpus really really wanted lovies, so he squeezed between James on Daddy's knees and E's face. James was content to pet Rumpy and Rumpy was content to get head kisses from E and butt pets from James.
This shot is really blown out, but I still love it. Plus James's eyes are to die for.
And of course he loves spending time with Mama on the bed.

Can you tell we were both enjoying relaxing on the rainy cold weekend?
And, I've been meaning to post this all week. Last week was Infertility Awareness Week. I've had a handful of friends that have dealt with not being able to get pregnant, miscarriages (totally heartbreaking), among other things. Two of my favorite bloggers wrote about Infertility Awareness Week, and I wanted to share the links here. If you've experienced this, or know someone who has, please know that you are not alone. (Link one and two).

2 comments:

  1. Darling pictures! Thank you for the links at the end of this post to the meaning of this week. It was great to read those and discover how incredibly difficult this journey is for so many. I know you were thinking of me.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the "sit then fall back into Mom's lap" game he played at our house! It only took him a few times to realize it was a fun game to play!
    I too feel deep sorrow for those women who suffer from infertility and miscarriages. I've never had either, but I can imagine the heart ache!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails