Friday, June 28, 2013

I've begun sewing again! {favorite Juliet outfit}

I sewed this sunsuit. I'm quite proud. :)

It has been a very very long time that I've sewed anything other than curtains (way back in early 2009!) and I was quite nervous to start this project. Rationally, I knew it was an easy pattern (three pieces plus straps!) but irrationally I wanted it to be perfect. Better than perfect for my Juliet.

I've actually been dreaming about sewing for a baby girl forever. I sewed for my dolls all the time before children, but what I really wanted to sew for was my own baby girl.
I found the perfect vintage pattern on eBay and the perfect fabric at Gardner Village. And the fabric features Little Red Riding Hood. Yea, just like Juliet's baby shower. Perfect perfect.
For the first time in my life I made a mock-up just so I could work all the kinks out and make my Little Red romper perfectly.
It is not perfect, but I am so so happy with the way it turned out. Seeing her in it almost brings tears to my eyes. Seriously, I've dreamed about sewing my daughter's clothes since I was about eight years old.
James felt a little left out, boy clothes are certainly not a fun to sew. At least he's got a Super Grover tee.
More homemade outfits to come. Lots lots more. ;)

1 comment:

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails