Monday, November 24, 2014

James is FIVE! {Wolfy and a Letter}

Wolfy has been a wonderful reminder at how fast kids grow. When James was new, he and Wolfy were the same size. Time has gone by in one happy flash.





James,
Today you are FIVE! Happy birthday kiddo!

Five is officially kid status. You are not a toddler, or even a little kid; you're just a kid. And you are awesome. You have done so much growing up over the last year. Your Daddy and I comment on it often, how mature you've become, how smart and funny you are.

The other night I re-read all the blog posts from five years ago. I remember those last few days of my pregnancy so well, yet being without you seems like something I've never experienced. I almost don't remember life before you.

Life as your Mommy has been everything I hoped for and more. I love you with every fiber of my being, and at five, you still think I'm pretty much the best ever.

I still can sing you songs, give you hugs, wipe your tears after you fall, and kiss your owies away. These things I will not always be able to do, because in one blink you'll be a teen, and then a man.

So while you are more mature about many things, I am happy you still need me to do those things. I will always kiss you and hug you and scratch your back at bedtime, as long as you'll let me.

I love you forever. Forever and ever. I am your Mommy, and that's a Mommy job.

-xo


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Love this. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Happy Birthday James! It is so fun to look at these photos! You do an amazing job Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, James! I can't believe I've been following your blog since he was just a few months old and now he's a child! Nuts how fast times goes by. Hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails