Monday, April 30, 2007

Betsy to tea

I've been inspired by this blog, and I have no idea what it even says. About two weeks ago I was searching internet photos for a doll that I love, eight inch Betsy McCall and I stumbled into this fun blog. I don't even know why I like it so much, but I do. I love the photo of little Betsy on the luggage, it is so sweet.

My Betsy is a reproduction of the little doll that was so popular in the 1950s. I love everything about her, from her 1950s party dresses, to her soft hair pulled back into clips, to her bendy knees.

So I felt inspired to take my own Betsy on a field trip. There was a doll show in Salt Lake City on Saturday, and what better place than a doll show to show off my little girl? We went to the show and had amazing luck on some beautiful things I've been wanting, then we headed to the Beehive Tearoom for lunch and afternoon tea (oh what a wonderful way to spend a Saturday!).

Well Betsy enjoyed the entire day. I took some photos of her at the doll show and at the tea room, and I'm glad a couple of the photos turned out, so you can see just how sweet Betsy really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails