Thursday, April 19, 2007

My friend the Robin

E and I are so lucky, we have a sweet lady robin nesting outside our window. I've mentioned our reading nook before, and how it overlooks a beautiful silver maple. Well the last couple of days E and I have noticed grasses and twigs being left in the crook of one of the branches. Well last night we were relaxing in our reading nook and a lady robin came to the nesting site again and again and began to work on her nest. It was so fun to watch our own little nature show right outside our window, only a few feet away. Needless to say, our cats are quite interested too.

So, at this point we have a robin building a nest. Last night she slept there too. I hope in the near future she lays eggs, because I look forward to watching baby birds and the mama robin for weeks to come!

I even snapped a photo, sorry for the poor quality, I was trying to be stealthy, and not scare the sweet girl:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails