Thursday, April 26, 2007

I am the luckiest woman in the world!

I am the luckiest woman in the world, I truly am. I have a wonderful husband that loves and adores me, I have a great job, and a beautiful condo. I've traveled the world, and love life. What more could I ask for? Nothing really. I have more than anybody could ask for.

Yet, there is something new on the horizon, our summer trip for 2007! E and I have been planning it for about a year, and in the last week or two things have started to come together. So what are we doing you ask? Only the most wonderful things in the world!


We depart Salt Lake City and head on New York in early August. There we get picked up at the airport and delivered to the Cunard pier. Once there we will board the most beautiful ship in the world, the Queen Mary 2. E has always loved ocean liners, and I have always adored classic travel, so a transatlantic crossing is something we have always wanted to do. Last year we started looking into the costs just to daydream, we weren't actually going to book anything. Famous last words, I know. Well, we fell in love with the ship (even more than we already loved it) and made it happen. We booked a crossing from NYC to South Hampton England. Well as the day approaches, the excitement level builds and builds. I can't help grinning as I write this, and I know once we get on board we'll have the most wonderful time of our lives.

On the ship we will eat and drink, we'll read in the largest floating library in the world (8000 books). We will take cooking classes and dancing classes. We will go to jazz bars and pretty much live the good life!

Once we get to England, the fantastic trip doesn't stop. My Aunt and Uncle that live in London have offered the most wonderful thoughtful gift in the world, a small trip around the UK. This was our wedding gift because they were unable to make it to the states for our wedding. Well this week we booked our cottage in the Cottswalds. I have never been more excited for something my entire life! (Well, Africa and Italy are an exception!) We will spend a couple nights at this cottage, and enjoy the English countryside.

We will also spend some time in London visiting some of our favorite sites and seeing things we missed the first time. Plus, we'll go to our favorite pubs for fish and chips!

Like I said, I am the luckiest woman in the world. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am jealous. What a neat trip. You two are going to have such a good time. Just remember to take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails