Monday, August 10, 2009

Friday - Spa & Rehearsal Dinner

I'll start from the beginning. Well, not the true beginning since my Grandma and I started helping plan this wedding 9 months ago, but I'll start at the beginning of the weekend.

Friday was amazingly busy. I woke up early to meet the Costco flower lady at the back entrance. We needed roses, and a lot of them. I worked that morning with my grandma prepping flowers before leaving for Ben and Jo's rented condo. It was a special day, the day before Ben and Jo's wedding and I was taking Jo and her best friend Jieun to The Cliff Spa, a spa that I just adore in the Utah mountains.

The three of us arrived at 11:15 and changed into our swimsuits, we were so excited! We wanted to check out the pool and hot tub on the roof before Jo had to meet her massage therapist at noon. The air temperature outside was quite cool for August, we had a cool spell move in, and the breeze on the rooftop was quite chilly. We hurried over to the hot tub and jumped right in. Jo was so excited for the day ahead, and Jieun is planning her own wedding for next May, so we had lots to talk about.

While Jo was getting a massage, Jieun and I enjoyed the solarium and all the other amenities the spa has to offer. For the first time in a week I got to relax. I brought a cup of hot tea and a book to the hot tub and sat up there completely alone enjoying the mountains for awhile. (Not to worry, I say on a step as not to heat up the baby too much). Jieun and I also had some time to talk about secret wedding plans and details.

Soon Jo was back, saying that she had had the most wonderfully relaxing massage ever. We enjoyed the hot tub, pool and sauna a little longer before heading home. Lovely.

Myself, Jo and Jieun.
Ahhh... heaven.
In the hot tub. So perfect.
That evening (after three more hours of work at my Grandma's house) we arrived back at my Grandma's ready for a rehearsal. The bridal party started to show up, and all of a sudden, it felt real, we were hosting a wedding. We practiced where to walk, how to stand, and what do to for the special Korean ceremony that was going to follow the western ceremony.

After quite a bit of joking and some practice runs we headed to the rented condo. Jo's mom and Ben had been working all day to make everyone a traditional Korean dinner. We were all so excited! Plus, the condo was HUGE and so beautiful! There was plenty of room for all of us to spread out and relax. Chelsea and Jo arrived plus a few others that had helped with the wedding and soon the party had begun. Beers and sodas were opened and snacks put out. Ben and E barbecued the most amazing Korean steaks I had ever tried. As we sat down for dinner the 25 lbs. of steak that was purchased was all consumed, plus three huge salads, kimchee, rice and other fantastic tasting things.

After dinner an enormous cake was brought out and everyone talked and laughed as the sky outside turned from blue to black. All too soon Ben and Jo gathered us into the main room and tearfully told us how special all of our friendships were. How we were the ones that made this Utah wedding possible. Then they passed out some awesome bridesmaid and groomsman gifts (beautiful personalized leather jewelry travel case and business card holder) and we all enjoyed the night a little longer.

All too soon I headed home while E and the guys went to an "after party" with Ben. Great day.

Ben, Sunny, Jo, Jo's father Yoonki Cho and Jieun.
Inside the condo. Seriously, this is the nicest condo. David, me, E, Janos, Suzi, Jieun, Mike and Sunny.
So cute! Mike with Jieun and Sunny.
Blurry but I quite like it. Chelsea and Joe and above Jo and Ben.
Yea! True love.
Mike, Jo, Celeste, Sunny, Ben.
Jo and me. Love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails