Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sunday - Clean Up and BBQ

Sunday morning E and I decided to sleep in. It was wonderful rolling out of bed late, we stayed in bed all the way to 8:30! Ha! Not that late at all.

After a mini breakfast and showers we headed to my Grandma's for clean up. The helpers we hired for the wedding had done a fantastic job cleaning up the yard, all the tables were cleared and put away, all the chairs were folded and stacked. E and I helped my Grandma in the kitchen and around the house for a few hours until everything was back in its place and cleaned.

That afternoon we headed home and relaxed and then started prepping for another party. At first we were thinking of inviting Ben and Jo over for a BBQ after their wedding, so Jo could see our house. Well Jo is staying with her family, her sister and Jieun, so we decided to invite them too. Then after much thought, we decided that since all the bridesmaids were invited, we should really invite the groomsmen. E and I also wanted to make sure his family had some time with Ben, so we decided to invite them along. Pretty soon we had signed up for a 17 person BBQ the day after the wedding. Yikes!

However, with paper plates and Costco burgers, the event was pretty easy. We ate wonderful appetizers, most being leftovers from the wedding. Sodas and beers were easy too, there was plenty left over from the day before, and they were already packed in ice in coolers. Dessert was leftover wedding cake, which, I swear, tastes better and better each time I try it.

Jo's parents were over the moon with the dinner menu. "Burgers right off the grill" was very exciting to Jo's father, something he's always envisioned Americans eating. And the burgers were great.

The best part of the night was laughing and joking with friends. I swear, I never laugh as hard as I do with Ben, and E never looks as happy. Everything was perfect. However, both E and I woke up on Monday totally and completely beat. E got up to go to work and said he felt horrible most the day. I took a nap and we had a quiet evening. Luckily by Tuesday we were both feeling in tip top shape again, because we had another even planned! More on that in the next post.

Enjoying the backyard before the party officially began.
Here are the ladies. Clockwise: Becky, Brooke, Jo, Celeste, Sunny, Jieun, me!
I love this, just love it. Nobody laughs like this when Ben isn't around, he somehow brings out all of our best jokes. Love Ben's face.
E the chef and Jo!
Ben and I enjoying the evening.
Dessert is served as sky turns to dusk. Everyone loves chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails