Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nighttime is not fun

Oh the woes of new motherhood...

Nighttime. My worst time. Either I'm not sleeping or the baby man isn't sleeping. Two weeks ago, James was doing great at night and I was up. Now it is reversed. I'm exhausted at night, to the point where I'm going to bed at 8pm most nights, and the little baby man has decided that nighttime is fussy time. He wakes up around midnight for a feeding, and over the last two nights has fussed and fussed until his 5am feeding. I don't want to just feed him again when he cries at 3 am, because the last thing I want is a baby getting up three times a night to eat!

Only saving grace? He goes to bed without much crying at 7pm. Yes, seven. That means that most nights my best sleep hours are between 8pm when I go to bed and midnight when he wakes up.

Let's hope things get better.

3 comments:

  1. I hope things get better, you are on the right track by going to bed so early. Sleep when he sleeps!

    Are you eating anything different that could be making him fussy? I had to go off dairy with Caroine, it made a world of difference.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh getting him to bed at 7 is a good idea! I can't get the husib to sleep until 10:30 and then he sleeps from 10:30- 1am,which is my best sleeping time. Good luck with the sleep stuff. I can't wait till he starts sleeping through the night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you Jess! I remember those days...

    It will all be over very soon and you will be back to getting a full nights sleep. You just have to get over the "mommy hurdles". LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails