Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting bigger - Two months with Wolfy

James is growing at such an amazing rate! Every day he's bigger bigger. He is such a sweet, good natured, adorable baby. And every day I can see myself becoming a better mom. I know now that most the time when he cries in the late evening it is because he's tired, and getting him to bed has become a great routine. Bath, play with Daddy, eat, and bed. All by 7 pm.

And after I wrote the last post about how James was fussy at night he proved to be a wonderful little angel and for the past three nights has been back to his two time a night feedings, which works out wonderfully. Especially since he's been good about sleeping in as well. Last night he went to bed at 7pm and woke up at 10am. Yes, he woke up twice between then to eat, but how did I get so lucky?!

Because he's getting more sleep, and he's past the worst of his fussiness, he is a delight to be with most of the time. He is sweet and coos and kicks his legs when he's awake, and fusses a minimal amount. However, over the last two days nap time has been quite a challenge. I'll keep you posted...

That said, I have quite a few photos from today, along with his monthly Wolfy photos (here he was one month ago with Wolfy), and even a video! My little baby man is growing up!

Side note - I plan to write letters to James (like the one seen here) quarterly. So he'll get another one next month, when he's three months old.

Look how big he is! I propped him in the corner of the chair for photos and it was amazing how easily he sat there, holding his head up and everything. Such a big guy.
And he's found his hand! Yum yum.
This photo cracks me up. Kisses from Daddy. I kept trying to get James to look at me, but something off to the side was much more interesting.
And here he is with his Mama. So sweet!

And here is a little video I took this morning while he was getting dressed. He's a goof ball.

4 comments:

  1. Gertie4:30 PM

    Jess- I love your updates on James, especially the videos. Watching him on the videos is fun because he is so cute! Seeing the videos also helps me remember when my own daughter was little. She is now 16 and the years just rolled by too fast. It's so nice to see you really get into James' babyhood. Gertie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a doll. I hope he is sleeping better for you. It will come with time. :) Someday you will miss the lack of no sleep....

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is getting so big!!! Congrats on less fussiness. Ours is at the peak at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he is so adorable! I haven't been checking out your blog for a while. He is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails