Sunday, April 04, 2010

Baby's first Easter!

Last year on Easter Day we announced we were pregnant. We shared the news only with close friends and family one year ago. How very very much has changed. I love it.

This year we woke up around 8:00 to a very happy baby. We made coffee, relaxed and snuggled by the fireplace, due to the fact that it was a snowy Easter, and also discovered that the Easter Bunny had visited. I've been so excited about James's basket for ages, planning it and changing it. He got two books, a blue bunny lovey, a duck toy, a teether, and some raw eggs for photo purposes.

Doesn't he look happy that it is Easter morning? The Easter bunny came!
While I was in the bath E was playing with James and getting the best giggles out of him! I loved lying there in the hot water soaking it all in. How much my life has changed, how much I have loved seeing the man I love turn into an amazing father.

When I got out of the bath I thought we might be able to catch some giggles on camera. We've been trying a lot over the last few days, and the giggles always seem to stop once the camera appears. However, this time we caught some! James loves to play a silly peek-a-boo game with Daddy. The first time in this video he really startles and we were worried he would start to cry (poor little guy!) but luckily he turned giggley. Seriously, I love this video so much. :)

After each getting dressed into our Easter duds we headed up to E's family's house for brunch and the annual Easter hunt. Seriously, the hunt is a huge hit. Steve, E's dad, does it every year and it gets tougher and tougher as time goes on. So after we were all full of ham, croissants, fruit and champagne we trekked all over town discovering clues to the ever mysterious Easter hunt.

Mama and Daddy with our handsome little boy. He doesn't look like a baby anymore, he looks like a boy! He's getting huge!

The lovely ladies. Chelsea, me and Connie.
1- James's Easter basket. 2- Our baskets at E's family's house. 3- Brunch!

Connie and Chelsea (and everyone else for that matter) LOVE James's chubby cheeks.
While all the "kids" went and did the hunt, Grandma Connie and James stayed at home and read books.
First hint of the hunt. Hmmm....
I asked E to take a self photo as we drove around in David's car looking for the next clues. Yep, we rock at clue-finding.
Later that afternoon we went over to my mom's and Chuck's house for Easter dinner. My Grandma was there as well, and we had a fantastic time eating more ham, rolls, and potatoes. I just love Easter food. James was happy the entire evening, grinning from ear to ear and playing with all the new toys the Bunny had brought him.

James, me and Chandler hang out in my Mom's living room. As you can see, James has lots of toys, but his fingers are best.
Brandon was having a lot of fun playing with Baby Man.
Ethan and my Grandma chat about Europe.
Easter family photo. James has gotten a bit bigger since this photo was taken, hasn't he?
My Grandma loves James. She is always so excited to hold him. I've been feeling really down about my Grandma's condition recently. She is still making great improvement, but she will never be the same. I miss her.
My mom has made me bunny/Easter birthday cakes for as long as I remember. Every year they are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails