Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bridal Shower Tea



Almost four years ago my Grandparents hosted a Bridal Shower Tea for me in their rose garden. It was amazing, and I have looked back on the day with the most tender of memories. When my sister-in-law Chelsea asked me to host a Bridal Shower Tea for her wedding, I was highly honored, and knew I had big shoes to fill.

I did everything as my Grandma would have done. I ironed all the tablecloths the day of the party. I used only linen napkins, crystal server-ware, the silver cutlery, and all of my fine china. I also purchased fresh flowers for the occasion, made sure there were some bridal shower party games (with tea-themed prizes!) and made a variety of fresh tea foods before the guests arrived.

I was extremely proud of all my hard work. Every day when the baby man would nap I would work on another little task, until everything was perfect.

The day of the shower Connie came over early and helped me prep all the tea sandwiches while E made homemade scones.

The result was beautiful. Chelsea was very happy, as was I.

Connie (my mother-in-law), Chelsea, her fiancée Joe, and his mother Mary.
Guest in the living room enjoy the first of three games.
We had men and women attend the shower which was quite fun.
I love tea sandwiches. Seriously, they are so yummy.
The future bride and groom.
I wore the same dress to Chelsea's tea that I wore to my shower all those years ago! I'm so happy I still fit in it. James wore his Easter duds and was happy and sweet for the entire party.
Presents are always a favorite.
This post makes me realize that I need to do a more detailed post about my own shower. It was such a wonderful day, I need to re-live it on my blog. Hopefully soon.

4 comments:

  1. The tea was great and you did such a fine job! This will surely be one of Chelsea's finest memories!
    (James looks a little like an alien with two "antenna" poking out of his sweet, little head in the kitchen pic! HAHAHA!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looked beautiful and yummy...I wish I could have had some of those tea sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so wonderful! I think it's great you invited the girls and the guys - what a fun party. Chelsea looks beautiful, and that picture of you and little James is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails