Sunday, August 04, 2013

Our trip to New York {a little preview}

For the past six days my little family of four has been having the most wonderful time visiting family and beautiful salty beaches in New York's Long Island. Every day was magical, except one, which landed right in the middle of our vacation. We ended up in the ER with Juliet, and even got admitted and stayed for close to 24 hours because we found her with an open bottle of my Grandma's prescription medication. Come to find out (with six EKGs and a long long day and night in a hospital), she didn't in fact ingest any.

Really, that horrible day might have been a nightmare in the middle of a dreamy week. Dreamy I tell you. We ate dinner on the coast, we visited the beach daily, we hiked to a lighthouse, we took a boat to Fire Island where there are no cars allowed, and explored the tiny town on foot. And of course we let my sweet 95 year old Grandmother meet her Great-Grandaugher and see James again.

More more more to come. For now, I'll leave you with a little peek.


I dressed the kids in exclusively red white and blue, with a nautical theme all week. I didn't buy any new clothing, other than James's suit. I was lucky to have everything on hand. Looking back at the photos, it is so fun to have a cohesive color scheme. More to come, I promise.

PS - Check out my new header. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the new header! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie above took the words right out of my mouth. The new header is gorgeous and I look forward to seeing more photos of your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails