Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry, England, and Ben

What have I been thinking about lately? Harry, England and Ben. In that order.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out Saturday, so tomorrow at midnight I'll have in my possession the last and final installment of Harry Potter. It is exciting and depressing at the same time. Finally we will learn if Snape is good or evil, we will learn more about Dumbeldore's past, and we Harry will kill Voldormort! Who will die? Where are the last three horcruxes? Who is R.A.B.? Will Ron and Hermione finally get together? We will see, we will see!

My plan is to go home tomorrow after work, have a quick dinner, and go right to bed. Then at 10:30 I'll wake up, go to my local Barnes and Nobel and join the last book release party I will ever attend for Harry Potter. I'll be well rested, so I hope to read late into the night.

One of my favorite Harry Potter memories is when the fifth book came out. E and I were living at his family's house. At about 10:00 pm I was about 2/3 the way through the book. This book captures you at this point, needless to say I stayed up all night reading. I finished the book at 5:45 am, took a bath and got ready to go to school. Why is this a favorite memory? Because everyone should stay up all night reading a good book at least once in their life.

I've also been getting really really excited about our HUGE trip to England. We leave in just a couple of weeks, and will be spending sixteen days vacationing. E has been quite worried about the trip, he really doesn't like to fly. Me, however, can't wait to get on the plane, and I keep thinking of boarding the Queen Mary 2 for six days at sea. Our time in England will be wonderful also, the Cotswolds and London are calling to me. I can't wait. In the next few days I want to come up some sort of itinerary, so I can make sure we get to see everything we want to while there. I really really can't wait!

Lastly I've been thinking about Ben. He went to his interview in DC the other day and said he felt it went well. (Is it weird to think that if they don't hire him they will be really missing out on somebody fantastic, or is that just the pride I have in my friends?). Anyway, there are two positions open, and they are interviewing six people. They would be foolish to not hire Ben. We'll find out tomorrow.

Because Ben is probably moving to DC in a week E and I are trying to spend as much time with him as possible. Unfortunately we had plans this weekend (backpacking in the Tetons with my aunt and uncle), but we decided to cancel so we could hang with Ben. This is too bad, there are only a few times in your life where backpacking in the Tetons is even possible, so I'm a little bummed, but at least now I get to go to the Harry Potter book party tomorrow.

So that's whats been going on, I'll update tomorrow when we hear about Ben's job.

2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel about the last book. Its been on my calendar for months. And actually, I remember getting annoyed because we have a family wedding on Saturday at 2pm-which means I need to finish the book before then. It shouldn't be a problem, with the last few books I stayed up all night reading...I admit, you are right-everyone needs to stay up one night reading. Its one of life's simple pleasure.

    I think I'll be home from work around noon-take a well deserved nap, either grab a late dinner out with Rich-or a movie (in the past we did the movie route) and grab a cup of coffee and wait.

    Traveling Samantha will be there with me as well!

    -Starearedkid (Jordyn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want my book!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails