Saturday, July 21, 2007

Will Mecklenburg

Why am I up at 4:00 am might you ask? I've been reading Harry Potter. I got to chapter five and stopped about an hour ago. So why am I still up? My mind keeps churning, I found out tonight right before going to the Harry Potter party that a boy I grew up with has died, Will Mecklenburg.

He was younger than me, about my brother's age, but we always still played together. I remember putting on plays (Peter Pan and Jack and the Bean Stock) with he and his sister Katie. Katie and I were best friends for about five years, and Will was never too far away. Most of the time Katie and I were happy to play with our younger brothers, but they soon grew tired of our constant talk of dolls and all things girly.

So today, at 4:00 am I remember Will. I remember Katie. I remember my teen years with such fondness, and I hope they are doing well.

I signed his guest book on his obituary, and this is what I had to say:

Katie,
It is the middle of the night and I can't sleep. I found out about Will only hours ago. I am so sorry. My heart hurts for you.

I have such found memories of Will, when he was a kid he would run up to our house (two doors up) with no shoes on in the middle of the winter. Then when summer would roll around he always wore his winter boots! Also, remember convincing him to help pay for Parker, because he was the boy doll, and therefore should help pay? I think he did end up giving you ten dollars towards Parker.

I greatly miss your friendship, and have tried to get in touch again and again over the last couple of years. When and if you ever feel like talking, please please email me. We could maybe meet for lunch.

Lots of Love, Jessica

1 comment:

  1. This is really sad news. I am sorry, it seems like you are going through a lot right now.I read your post about Ben as well. All I can say, hang on, things will get better.
    Please pass my condolences on Katie if you talk to her again. My heart goes out to her. I will always think very fondly of her.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails